Thursday, June 19, 2014

DRESSING FOR SUMMER

Summer can be tough for lipedema ladies, wearing compression garments is not easy on a cool fall day, let alone one with temperatures upwards of 90 or even 100 degrees.

I have found the maxi dress to be perfect for summer.  It is long and flowing, to help keep you comfortable, even when rising temperatures might cause some swelling in our legs.


HERE ARE SOME RECENT PURCHASES I HAVE MADE...

Mitered Stripe Dress from Torrid


Lois from Swak Designs



Here I am at Easter, with my Lois Dress from Swak Designs.  It was cool that day, so I topped it with a Jean Jacket from Lane Bryant (a cute shrug or cardigan would work just as well)...
Me in my Swak Designs' Lois Dress


Another great find is this California Maxi skirt from Swak Designs, add a tank and cardigan, like they have in their Boho Babe look, and the options really are endless...

Boho Babe Look from Swak Designs

I recently found Torrid when a lippy sister posted a picture of herself on vacation, and I fell in love with their vibe.  Swak Designs, on the other hand, I have been a fan of for years.  Sign up for Swak emails and every Sunday you'll get a big discount notice on one or more items (typically 40% or more off).  Swak is short for "Sealed With A Kiss".

Maxi pants are another fun new look, see what you can find, and post your recommendations in the comments.


Other Tips for Keeping Cool this Summer:
  • Put your compression garments in the freezer
  • Pick up a great new misting water bottle, like this one from 02COOL, which can be purchased at Amazon or other locations for about $12:
02COOL


Don't forget to check out the other blogs on the Lipedema Awareness Blog Hop:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

No comments:

Post a Comment