Saturday, August 3, 2019

Saturday WOD in the Park - SLEDGE HAMMER TIME

Using a Sledge Hammer and a Tractor Tire to get you strong; Lipedema Fitness WOD
Regular warmup
(3 rounds of 10 each):
Sit-ups
Push-ups
Pull-ups
Squats
Good Mornings 
Samson Stretch

Followed by flipping and dragging a 300lb. tractor tire up and down the park, and swinging sledge hammers into said tires. 

Coach taught us a new swing - a sideways version (like swinging a baseball bat at a ball, but instead we swung it at the side of the tire, where the tread is). 

We also did overhead swings (where we bring the hammer down from above on to the part of the tire facing up as it lays on the ground), and we practiced technique. Trust me, you don't want to have the hammer bounce off the tire and hit your foot - ouch!

I love strength training workouts like this; They make me feel like a warrior, like I'm fighting back, and they make me feel so strong!

That action, that fighting back, it helps emotionally, too. Working out is us fighting back against Lipedema, trying to stay as active as possible, for as long as possible. That action is so healing emotionally, letting us know we are NOT victims of our condition!

You know what else I love?     Looking at this photo of myself!

That might sound weird, my inner voice is singing "You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you", but it shows all of me, my lipedema legs and arms, and it shows me that I am strong.

When we first started training in the park, I would seek out big trees to workout (hide) in front of, then after we had done so many workouts there I forgot to seek out "shelter", and eventually I didn't just forget about it because I was so into the workout, I wanted my community to see me doing the workouts

That is real change, and I am so thankful to all the body positive folks that have shared their lives with us online and in our own communities.

Together we change the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment