Thursday, May 18, 2023

MLD for Mental Health

The Lipedema and Lymphedema communities know how valuable Manual Lymphatic Drainage or MLD is to our self care, because of how backed up our lymphatics can get, but did you know it is also really helpful for your mental health, too?

It helps to reduce anxiety, fatigue and stress.

I got thinking a lot about the Linda Anne Kahn presentation from the #fdrs2023 Conference - “The Issue is in Our Tissue” and how we hold past trauma within our tissue.

With May being #mentalhealthawareness month I wanted to remind everyone that a simple self MLD session can not only help to get your lymphatics flowing but can be really healing for any emotional stressors going on, too.

Last night during the Lipedema Patient Roundtable we talked about #allorsomething and how taking even  small steps towards our self care or movement can have a big impact, that it builds upon itself, and this is also a very good option.

Even if you only have a few minutes - massaging the Vagus Nerve and/or doing some self MLD on the lymph node areas can help give you some instant relief emotionally, too.

I know self care can get very overwhelming, so when I can find double wins for the same treatment, I’m all in!  I can help Move My Lymph to help my physical self, and help my emotional self at the same time. #winwin 

Take care of you 💚

No comments:

Post a Comment