Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Vibration for Lymphatics & Fascia

Two of the main focuses of those living with #lipedema since day 1 are treating our #lymphaticsystem (inflammation) and our #fascia (fibrotic tissue).

When we find treatments that work on both at the same time, it is a win win!

I started with a #vibrationplate for my lymphatics back in 2014 and still use it every morning. 

Then I added the handheld massager to help break up fibrotic areas. I also would use it on my feet for reflexology spots, mainly because it felt so good, but also it seemed to help the lymph flow easier, too.

We learned those fibrotic areas are adhesions in our fascia.

Gentle vibration works best for me, as it doesn’t cause pain to use, so my body relaxes during treatment, and that is just what we want for healing.

When we learn more about our bodies in general, we can help with the symptoms. 

We should stay curious as to what is going on, and not just treat symptoms, but look at the route causes.

I want to fix what is going on in my body, not put a bandaid on it. 

We obviously need pain relief and limiting our edema, etc, but while we ease those symptoms with self care, movement, compression, etc., I will keep looking for what is going on below the surface.

#lipedema #lipoedema #lipolymphedema #lipedemafitness #staycurious #lipedemalife 

2 comments:

  1. I too use the vibration plate plus I do Pilates and it has really helped my quality of life.

    ReplyDelete