Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Food Sensitivity and Lipedema: Results are Ready!

Received my Food Sensitivity Report on July 28, that is completed using a state of the art Bioresonence machine, and four strands of your hair (more will be needed if hair is under 1" in length). 

I find this data fascinating, and I am looking forward to my experiment with an elimination diet of the foods listed as ones I am highly and moderately sensitive to.

An elimination diet is for four weeks, and then you start to add in items (one at a time) from your moderate sensitivity list, and see how your body responds to it over the next couple days.

I could choose to focus on all the things I cannot eat, but instead I’m going to focus on all the things I can eat. Make recipes based on those, and start tracking how my body responds over the next four weeks. 

It will be a little weird, as I’ve been low carb and intermittent fasting for a while now, I have not seen results other Lipedema patients have by following that way of eating, and come to find out, my hair test results show I don’t have issues with lots of the foods that are limited (or eliminated) in a low carb way of eating, so it will be an adjustment to try new things I am used to avoiding, and forgo old things I relied on.

My biggest surprise was dairy, the entire category is on my highly sensitive list. I love 🧀 so that will be a challenge, but one I know I can do for four weeks to find out how my body responds.

Some of the things I am hoping for, reduced swelling and reduced pain. I've also heard dairy free can also help with sinus/allergy symptoms, and that is definitely something I suffer from on a regular basis.

When you add in Lipedema, and how different we all seem to present and respond to different treatments (including ways of eating), this could be a very enlightening experiment.

#strongertogether is a code for 30% off on their website right now. My maxi health test (which tested 970 items) was originally $80, but it came down to $56 with the 30% discount. They also offer a smaller mini health test (400 items) for $55 before discount.

I would like to thank Cheryl Scoledge, and her Facebook support group: Lipedema and Food Sensitivities - Take Control of your Lipedema, for the great support and recommendation of this test. Here is a video of Cheryl talking about her experience.

I will be sharing here more as my experiment continues. Off to the store this weekend to stock up on all those yummy options that are on my list of no sensitivity. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment