Monday, July 5, 2021

6th Annual Lipedema Triathlon Followup


Bravo to all!!!  The annual event took place on June 26 at 9am, and was once again an international event, with participants from the US, UK, Australia, Isle of Man, Isle of Skye, etc.

It was a sprint distance event:
- 750M swim
- 20K bike
- 5K run/walk

I created this event as a way to help spread awareness for Lipedema, and as a reminder of the importance of staying active with the condition.

Thank you all for riding my crazy train! XO  πŸŠ‍♀️ 🚴🏻‍♀️ πŸƒ‍♀️

One of the best things to come out of this annual event is the growing number of participants. All dealing with Lipedema at various stages and abilities. 

Some do just the 5K, it is always the most signed up for leg of the event, over 50 registered to participate this year. Followed by the swim with over 40 signed up, and finally the bike with 38 signed up.

Many participants this year got hooked! The post tri feeling had them feeling super proud and eager for next year’s event, many who spaced out the legs over the month were talking about wanting to work towards doing all three events back to back next year.

But completing all three events back to back is not mandatory, it is an All Or Something event, you do what you can, when you can. Seeing that lead to progressed abilities is icing on the proverbial cake.

We want everyone to be able to join us. We come up with great MODs when needed/wanted, as an example, some use their Cubii for the bike portion, in the comfort of their own home. It is all inclusive ♥️

I was traveling, so no pool access, but had an awesome peloton bike I could use, and I did (2) 30 minute rides back to back; first up was a 30 Min. Lizzo ride with instructor Robin Arzon, and the second was a 30 Min. Hip Hop ride with Alex Toussaint.

I have been using my stationary bike at home with the peloton app this year training for our event, and went from doing the 20K last year (in 5 minute intervals), to this year doing the (2) 30 minute rides! I was excited by that progress. But man, I was not use to the peloton seat, and woof my πŸ‘ was feeling it (a lot). I’ve heard they take a good week to break in, something I have not had to experience with my at home bike. But thankful I was.

Post race selfie…

I’m already planning next year’s event! #lipedematriathlon 

Thank you to @srymca for hosting us locally and to @juzocompression for our participant T-shirts!

#wearestrongertogether #allorsomething 


No comments:

Post a Comment