Friday, September 24, 2021

LIPEDEMA FITNESS: 10K PR

Since starting the Lipedema Triathlon in 2015, my goal has been doing the 20K bike portion in under an hour.

While the first 4 years were in the gym and straight 20K rides, I think only one was under an hour. FYI the gym bikes time out at 60 minutes, initially the reason for my goal.

Menopause (and the pandemic) had my Lipedema symptoms growing worse, and my mobility took a hit the past two years.

Last year’s (2020) bike portion was #athome (due to the gym being closed) it was in 5 minute increments, and last June (2021) was done in 2 (30) Min. Peloton Rides (6.59 on the first ride with Robin, took a break and then 5.81 on the second ride with Alex).

I’ve been riding pretty regularly via the Peloton app and my stationary bike (I picked up one off Amazon for the 2020 triathlon). 

On August 31: I did a 10K in 29:42, woo hoo, under half an hour…

Tonight - I did my 10K in 27:22!!! I’m so excited!

It was done in a 30 minute HIIT ride with Benjamin Alldis, and it was a PR! I knew I was on track, as my 5Ks have been under 15 minutes during my regular 20 minute lunch break rides. This was an “it’s Friday night, the house is quiet, so let’s see how we do with the 10K goal” ride, and I danced off the bike realizing it was a personal best!

I’m halfway to my 20K in under an hour goal. Next I’ll work on getting to a 45 min. ride.

PLAYLIST HIGHLIGHTS:

  1. Maroon5 - Animals 
  2. Sean Paul - Temperature 
  3. The Prodigy - Fire Starter 

Great Ride!

2 comments: