Elevate your legs on pillows (should be above your heart for first three movements).
(10) Deep Belly breaths
(10) Toe Crunches - basically squeeze your toes and relax them
(10) Ankle Pumps
(10) Leg Clamshell - knees bent, feet on bed, open and close your knees
(10) Knee Raises - bring bent knee up to chest and do (10) on each leg
(10) Glute Squeezes - clench your booty and then release
(10) Bridges - keep knees bent, feet on the bed and then lift your hips up
(10) Trunk Rotations - I keep my bottom half flat on the bed and rotate the upper body slowly to one side then the other
(10) Groin Massages - tons of lymph nodes in there, this is a gentle touch, MLD style, then I also use my fingertips spread out and rake up from thighs to abdomen, again this is not deep/painful, it is more gentle than that (trying to move lymph, not break up fibrotic tissue if that helps).
(10) Deep Breaths and then I massage around the belly button in expanding circles I go right to left.
Then I get out of bed. I always feel better than if I get up before doing these movements.
You can modify anything, if you can’t do something then skip it, or do something similar, or do less than 10 reps.
I don’t race through the movements, I like to do with intension, and they also don’t take very long.
This is my routine, what is yours?
#allorsomething #wednesdaywakeupcall #lipedemafitness