Saturday, July 7, 2018

Lipedema Fitness WOD: 7/7 - Lipedema Arms

Last Saturday's WOD (workout of the day) was what we call a private (as in private lesson). Our training mates had summer commitments that kept them from joining us in the park, so we headed to our backyard, and coach filled me in on what we would be doing. For those that do not know, coach is also my husband, Bob. Sometimes referred to as Coach/Hubby.

As coach outlined the workout it became clear that for me, it was going to be a Lipedema Arm day. 

In CrossFit there is a named workout called LINDA (or as some have nicknamed it, 3 Bars of Death). As prescribed on the CrossFit website, here are the details...
LINDA
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps for time of:

1 1/2 body-weight deadlift

Body-weight bench press
3/4 body-weight clean
Set up three bars and storm through for time.


Even our warmup was amped up today, in addition to our 3 rounds of 10 sit-ups, pushups, and Samson stretches we did 25lb. Single arm kettlebell swings (to replace my usual good mornings), 35lb. Overhead squats (to replace my usual squats), and jumping pull-ups made an appearance, because we have pull-up bars at home, something hard to find at the park these days.

Then came LINDA. I know some pretty amazing women named Linda, so I’m not sure what the namesake of this WOD did to deserve this cussing WOD, but I was sure there would be a nap in my future.

My modified LINDA...
Round 1: (10) 135lb. Deadlifts/95lb. Bench press/55lb. Cleans
Round 2: (9) 115lb DL/95lb. BP/55lb. Cleans
Round 3: (8) 115lb. DL/95lb. BP/55lb. Cleans

You get the picture, round 4 was (7) of each, round 5 was (6) of each, etc. This took about two hours, because coach and I had two bars to work with, and required different weights for each lift, so taking the weights on and off each round slowed us down quite a bit, and added extra lifting moving the weights around.

After we were done coach said he had a “treat” for me. We took the sledge hammer to an old wooden fire pit cover to break it up for use in the fire pit that night. I took some good swings and it was fun to see the movement be used to do actual work, and not just in a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment