Friday, November 19, 2021

Lipedema Fitness: Peloton Century Club

It’s just a shirt, right?  The Peloton Century Club shirt. 

For those that do not know, it is a shirt given by Peloton to those riders who reach 100 rides, and by doing so, become part of the century club.

This may not mean much to some, 100 rides may not be challenging to them, but for me it represents so much more than 100 rides.

I learned part of Lipedema is that it is progressive, and it tries every moment of every day to take your mobility. It is why for the past nine years I have been posting about the WODs we do, the Lipedema Triathlons, and most recently my Peloton rides. 

I started the peloton app because after menopause my Lipedema symptoms progressed, and I began loosing mobility again. Walking has become harder. It felt like I was loosing the mobility I had fought so hard to reclaim. It is a scary place to be.

Riding my stationary bike has given me some renewed hope, and while physically good for me, emotionally it has been everything. 

Lipedema makes you feel vulnerable, like you have no control over what this condition will do to your body, but taking action physically, keeps me hopeful. Keeps me feeling like I do have some say in what my body does. It is hard to explain if you have never faced loosing your mobility. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing, #allorsomething is just fine for me.

I look forward to putting this shirt on tonight when I take the Foo Fighters ride, and make my way to my 200th ride!


UPDATE: the ride was amazing! Was bookmarked, and will be taken many more times! Great ride to break my shirt in… and got a 10K in under 30 minutes!


#lipedemafighter #lipedemafitness #lipedemaawareness #nevergiveupneversurrender #lipedema #pelotonateverysize

No comments:

Post a Comment