Monday, August 8, 2022

Is Lipedema a Side Effect of EDS?

Hyper mobile EDS (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome) has been listed as a possible comorbidity of Lipedema, many of us seem to present with both conditions, but in my research of hEDS I’m seeing Lipedema listed as potentially a side effect of EDS.

So which came first…

The Lipedema or the EDS?

Is it a comorbidity, or a side effect?

I learned about my Lipedema in 2007, and only recently realized I also have hEDS. Both seem to have been kicked into overdrive since menopause started a few years ago. 

The commonality seems to be Loose Connective Tissue.

I find it incredibly important (and quite fascinating) to drill down into our anatomy to try to better understand what is going on in my body.

I feel the more we can drill down to the root cause, vs the symptoms, the better able we might be to understand what is going on and how to help fix it, or at least treat it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment