Sunday, December 11, 2022

MODs Come in All Shapes and Sizes

Modifications (MODs) come in all shapes and sizes. 

Including this beautiful Sven grass green sofa 😍 but any sofa, chair, bench, bed, etc. will work.

When we sit/stand we are doing a squat. When I first started training post #lipedema diagnosis I would use a sit/stand as my MOD. 

The taller the item you are using, the less challenging the movement. A bar stool or high bed is a great place to start. 

As you get stronger, you can lower the item, and/ or do a squat to where you just barely touch the item with your bum and then stand back up, instead of sitting fully down. 

Doesn’t matter how many you can do, they all count. #allorsomething 


Modifications (MODs) come in all shapes and sizes, Part II

Including this beautiful kitchen sink cabinet 😍 but any sink, counter, table, wall, etc. will work.

When I first started training post #lipedema diagnosis I would use our kitchen sink as my push-up (and pull-up) MOD. Not only because I had to build up the strength to do a push-up, but also because kneeling hurt so much, it was excruciating. Standing push-ups became a way I could ease into the movement, and regain not only arm strength, but core strength, too.

And  even though I can now do them on the floor, I still do push-ups at the sink pretty much whenever I go into the kitchen.

The taller the item you are using as your MOD, the less challenging the movement. 

As you get stronger, you can lower the item.

Doesn’t matter how many you can do, they all count. #allorsomething 

No comments:

Post a Comment