Friday, August 2, 2024

Rebounding MODs

We know #rebounding is a wonderful way to be active with #lipedema and #lymphedema - even gentle bouncing (where our feet don’t leave the surface of the trampoline) is really good for our #lymphaticsystem and is gentle on our joints.

If you have balance issues adding in a support bar to hold on to is a great MOD, and most manufacturers have them. 

Maybe your balance or mobility require you to be seated, then sitting on a #yogaball or #stabilityball is a wonderful MOD, and they make them super heavy duty now (I’ve seen some are anti-burst up to a 1000lbs).

But did you know you don’t need any equipment? 

You can bounce on the floor with just your body. Many like doing it barefoot, but in cute sneakers like these gorgeous green #cariuma sneakers is good, too. Or whatever brand you like. You can hold on to your kitchen sink or bounce in a doorframe, if you need more support.

In addition to helping move our lymphatics, gentle bouncing can improve our cardiovascular health, strengthens bones, pelvic floor, and muscles and it releases endorphins!!! 

People ask me do I wear compression and sneakers when rebounding, and my personal preference is yes to both. My legs need the support of my compression and it gives my muscles something to work against, and my feet and ankles need the support of my sneakers. 

Others may choose not to wear their compression and/or sneakers and keep all shoe to determine what is best for each of us. But if you bounce on a trampoline without sneakers the surface may be slippery with compression but not hey make grippy socks and those are recommended by the trampoline companies to prevent slipping/falling.

Do you bounce? What is your favorite song to bounce to? Mine still has to be #dancemonkey it is a great cadence for me. But I really need a new rebounder, the squeak of mine distracts me too much, or my family if I have headphones on πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Another one of my favorite bouncing MODs is in the pool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment