Monday, October 26, 2020

What is Your Fitness Focus

What do you focus on when doing cardio? 

Distance? Time? Intensity?

I used to love cardio; I would spend hours at the gym using the treadmill, the elliptical, and the bike; plus weight machines (which I always liked, but was not so familiar). 

I would put my headphones in and spend 2-3 hours enjoying the time to decompress and be active. 

I felt strong, I felt coordinated, and I had fun.

Since my Lipedema has progressed, cardio has become more and more challenging, and something I don’t feel strong in any more. 

Add to that the balance issues that come with later stage Lipolymphedema, and I’m surprised it took me until today to solve the cardio puzzle.

I was baffled why it has been hard to get into a regular cardio routine, when I used to love it. 

But today was an aha moment, in talking it out with Coach, I realized the emotional aspect, the feeling vulnerable in the work. I no longer felt strong doing cardio, like I do lifting weights, flipping tires, swinging sledgehammers, etc.

Now that I have verbalized it, recognized it, I can begin to navigate cardio with a new understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment