Sunday, June 26, 2022

7th Annual Lipedema Triathlon Local Finishers

7th Annual #lipedematriathlon took place today and I want to thank some people…

1. all my training mates (who also participated today- woo hoo!!!)

2. @juzocompression and @lympha_press for sponsoring our shirts and water bottles

3. The @srymca for hosting us locally every year 

4. Most importantly to my coach/hubby for getting me ready every year - I couldn’t even think of taking on this challenge without you 💜

So much gratitude in all who donated and cheered us on AND all those that signup to participate each year! You are all rock stars!

The swim was more challenging than ever, since it was the first time back in the pool since covid.

The shower after pool and then getting back into fresh dry compression and clothes for the bike was also more challenging than I remember, has been a while since I’ve swam/showered/biked at the gym. I just couldn’t get dry and compression over even slightly moist skin is 🤯😫😓

The bike was more challenging, too, since I’ve been using my bike the first was off and tweaked my knee at the start of my second ride, but thankfully it eases up and I could finish the ride. It was my 200th @onepeloton ride during the #lipedematriathlon !!! That is what I have been working towards and it felt awesome to complete it during this event!

The 5K unfortunately did not happen, between the mobility and knee tweak it was a no go. But I am beyond thrilled with my performance today, so honored and humbled that I can still do it seven years later!

Time to recover! Happy Saturday all! Stay tuned for a full review with all the virtual participants!





No comments:

Post a Comment